Tarlika N. Navarro
Attorney Tarlika Navarro is a founding partner of Bacchus & Navarro Law Group. As a prior Assistant State Attorney and seasoned litigator, Ms. Navarro concentrates her practice on criminal law and litigation consulting. Ms. Navarro prides herself on her attention to detail and strives to have an intimate attorney-client relationship with each one of her clients. As such, she only takes a select number of cases each year to ensure each one of her clients gets the attention and results they deserve. Ms. Navarro also serves as a founding member of the Florida Women's Law Center, a division of the Bacchus & Navarro Law Group, devoted to helping women navigate the often confusing and convoluted legal system.
Prior to forming the Bacchus & Navarro Law Group, Ms. Navarro was managing partner at Haddad & Navarro, one of the nation's premier criminal defense law firms, defending high-profile clients in state and federal white collar and non-white collar criminal cases throughout the United States. Prior to going into the private sector, Ms. Navarro worked as an Assistant State Attorney for Broward County prosecuting crimes from first-degree misdemeanors to life felonies. Ms. Navarro led the prosecution in over 100 jury and non-jury trials during her time spent as a prosecutor and was promoted to Lead Prosecutor in the Felony Trial Unit. As a former Assistant State Attorney, Ms. Navarro has the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully advocate and defend those who are now being falsely accused.
While working on her Juris Doctorate, Ms. Navarro clerked in the Family Law Division and in the Domestic Violence Division in Miami-Dade County under her Honorable Judge Amy Karan. Ms. Navarro was also qualified by the Supreme Court of Florida as a certified legal intern at the Office of the Public Defender in Miami-Dade County and clerked for Perry & Neblett, P.A., a full service Maritime and Insurance Defense firm. Before attending law school, Ms. Navarro worked as Vice President of sales for Florida Yachts International, an international brokerage firm, overseeing the superyacht division in the United States and Latin American region.
Ms. Navarro, born in Lake Placid, Florida, is the daughter of Dr. David Nunez and Lynda Paul. Due to her athletic and scholastic ability she lived and trained at the renowned Bollettieri Sports Academy for golf and tennis, located in Bradenton, Florida. Ms. Navarro earned her Bachelor of Science in Communications at the highly acclaimed Broadcast Journalism School at the University of Miami and her Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from St. Thomas University where she was awarded best advocate.
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers
- "10 Best" Criminal Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Top 10 Trial Lawyers in Women's Rights, National Trial Lawyers
- Top Attorney, Superb, Clients Choice Perfect 10.0 out of 10.0 rating, AVVO
- Top 10 Ranking, National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- 10 Best Female Attorneys in Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Florida Bar
- Federal Bar, Southern District of Florida
- Federal Bar, Middle District of Florida
- Washington D.C. District of Columbia
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), Cum Laude, St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami Gardens, FL
- Bachelor of Science in Communications, University of Miami, double major in Broadcast Journalism and Anthropology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The National Trial Lawyers
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Broward County Bar Association
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Miami-Dade Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Broward County Hispanic Bar Association
- The Federalist Society Association